How the Biolase Laser Helps Us Provide Improved Care
At Encinitas Cosmetic Dentistry, we use an innovative instrument called the Biolase EPIC™ diode laser for a variety of therapeutic treatments. This state-of-the-art laser helps us provide precise care with improved outcomes and shorter recovery times for our patients. One of the most common uses for this laser is for gum lifting. Gum lifting, also known as gum recontouring, allows Dr. Cathy Santone or Dr. Megan Dietz to gently reshape the gum line, effectively revealing a more aesthetic smile for those with “gummy smiles.” The treatment can also help improve the overall health of the gums, reducing inflammation and redness. Beyond gum lifting, our dentists can use the Biolase EPIC™ diode laser for several other treatments, including:
- Non-surgical treatment fro gum disease
- Laser bacterial reduction prior to cleaning for patients with heart problems, high bloog pressure, diabetes, etc.
- Cold sore pain and healing treatment
- Alleviating pain from canker sores and/or ulcers
- Post orthodontic gum tissue healing
The Biolase EPIC™ diode laser allows us to offer the treatments above in addition to so much more. With the ability to customize how the it is used, our dentists can personalize treatment, using one device to address multiple different needs.